Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm still knitting

the baby blanket. It's gotten summery at last here in SoCal, and I've begun working in my classroom to get ready for the start of school on August 31st, so I've slowed down. I really only have another 5 or 6 inches to go, and I have more than a week to finish, so I'm sure I'll be done with it in time. The heat, however, makes it hard to pick up a lapful of blanket to work on in the afternoon. I've taken to getting up in the very early am to work on it, when it's as cool as it's going to get.

I never made it back to pick up more of the Michael's yarn for a cardi, but that's okay. I have a huge stash, and I'm sure I'll be inspired by something from it for a new cardigan. And I've gotten all those lovely yarns from Elann to play with, as well as some yarns I got on EBay, so I just gave the Michael's yarn a pass.

I did cast on for the sweater out of the Vogue Knits Early Fall, using USDK. Yikes, using 3s! They're so tiny for a sweater project. It was almost scary using them. And the thought of using tiny needles for a long sleeved pullover made me, ummm, wince. That's a lot of knitting time devoted to this project. Good thing I really love the sweater, and the yarn. One thing it's made me do, too, is schedule one of the big-needle cardigans from that same issue as the next thing on my list. Maybe I'll start that one after the blanket is done, and I've gotten the pattern memorized in the USDK sweater. It will provide relief for my hands, switching to the big needles and back to the little needles.

Anyway, I'm off to knit a few more rows of the blanket, and then head into my classroom for a few hours.  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: