Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Heat is On

Well, knitting is on hold for a little while. The weather's getting progressively hotter (over 100 today), and my one and only fan died last night ~ just too late to run out for a replacement, of course. So, once the stores open today, I'm off to find a fan ~ no easy job, actually. Fans disappear from stores once the heat climbs into the 90s, and it's been there for almost a week now, so the pickings will be slim, I'm sure.

I couldn't sleep much with the heat ~ one thing about SoCal weather is that it truly doesn't cool off much at night. It was still in the 80s at 10 pm last night. It's 66 right now, just after 5 am.  So, I gave up the attempt around 2:30(75 degrees), and tried to do some knitting on the baby blanket. Somehow, having a large amount of blanket in my lap just didn't work for me this morning. But hey, at least I know it will keep the baby warm this winter!

As I've been catching up on blog readings, I've noticed that quite a few folks have either stopped posting at all, or are posting much less often.  Are blogs fading out? Are people just too busy trying to keep a roof over their heads in this dismal economy to blog? Is it just the weather? Will we see an upsurge in posting once it finally cools off?

2 comments:

Cindy G said...

Oof, that sounds too hot, even without the humidity.

I wonder how much Facebook has affected blogging? Don't do it myself, but think some have switched their attention over. And I think some knitters/crocheters focus posting their projects on Ravelry more than their blogs.

Heide said...

I believe that Facebook really has made a difference. It's much faster and easier than blogging. I also believe that summer vacation and being busy with family is also partially to blame for the seasonal drop-off. Once school starts and Christmas knitting resumes then blogs should pick up again.