Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm back! Again!

It's been more than a year since I last posted, and I did some blog reading today and found out I'm not alone in being missing for so long. Several of my regular reads have been "missing" longer than I have! What have we all been doing??

As for me, I had a really tough year at work, a combo class of 35 4th and 5th graders who hadn't learned their social graces yet. It was a long, difficult road to success in June, I tell ya.

Anyway, I'm finally recovered from that year, and I've started knitting again. (I was so frazzled most of the year that I even stopped buying yarn!) But, the daughter of a friend is having a baby, and I decided I was going to knit her son-to-be a nice little blanket.

I found a pattern I liked in Love of Knitting magazine, summer '09, found some yarn I liked at Michael's, a chunky color-spattered really soft yarn, washable of course, and started in. And restarted. And restarted.  I tell ya, it made me crazy! It seems such a simple pattern, but I consistently messed up 3 times.

Thank goodness I started this project very early. The shower isn't until August 28th, so I have time, but I just never expected to have this much trouble with such a simple knit. This must be revenge of the Yarn gods for abandoning them for a year!

Maybe the 4th time is the charm? I'm about to find out, once I finish this post. Oh, and eat dinner. I had so much trouble with Blogger today, it took me hours just to get to this blog. Another consequence for dropping out for a year, huh? Anyway, I'll be posting more regularly, although I make no promises. School starts up again on August 30th, so who knows?

It's good to be back!

No comments: