Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What to Knit

I literally have no idea what I want to knit. I know I do want to knit, but not what I want to knit. I haven't gotten the yarns I ordered from Webs, yet (I know, I know, I just ordered it last week), so I can't start the girl's dress. I haven't found a pattern I like for my Lang Venezia, either. So, I have the entire world of my stash to consider, and I think I'm on overload. My stash has way too many possibilities in it for me. I can't decide if I want to do something challenging, or something simple and quick to knit.

My new classes for my Master's start the same day I go back to work teaching, which is next Monday. Once that happens, I won't have much free time, between lesson planning, grading papers, reading course materials, writing the assignments, etc. Oh, and PTA work, since I'm still the president of that. What little free time I will have has to be divided between reading (not professional books) and knitting.

So, perhaps something quick, now, before I lose most of my knitting time. If I can find a pattern I like. In yarn I like (and have). Or maybe I'll just pick a yarn I like, pick up my BW, and make a pair of (modified) rectangles using a new lace stitch or cable pattern. Just seam up the sides, do a quick neckline of some kind, and voila, something to wear over a plain blouse. Something that will keep me a bit warmer in my almost Arctic classroom. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: