Saturday, January 5, 2008

An Anniversary, and a Contest!

It just occurred to me that my one year blog anniversary is coming up soon. I had to go look to be sure, but my first post was on Jan. 15, 2007. I can't believe I've been posting that long, to be honest. And I haven't posted that often. I mean, 40 posts? Heh. So, it's a good thing I've sort of promised myself to post more often. I won't be joining the Blog365 group, because there's just no way I could find enough time or content to do that, but I will try posting at least once a week.

So, in honor of my 1st anniversary, and in the interests of reducing my stash some way, I've decided to have a contest, with yarny goodness as a prize. I have 5 skeins of Araucania's Atacama Alpaca yarn, in a turqoise/blue/black/brown colorway (514) that, while I love, I will probably never knit up, so it's going to go to a good home. It's 110 yards/50g, and knits at 18 sts to 4 inches on 7s. Enough for a vest, maybe? I'll take a picture of it as soon as I buy new batteries for my camera, tomorrow or Monday, and post it then. In the meantime, to enter, simply leave me a comment between now and midnight on the15th, telling me what your favorite knit has been, and why. I'll put all the names into a hat (well, something) and draw the winner on the 17th. Easy, right? And it really is beautiful yarn. For some reason, Blogger won't let me start a new line (enter doesn't seem to work), so maybe it's time to end this post. I can read the writing on the keyboard LOL

7 comments:

Grace said...

Christine, you are definitely in the swap more details will be forthcoming

I love knitting with Alpaca and I love knitting with shawls, my favorite knit is usually the latest one, but this week has to be Renee;s Mystery 6 shawl Mid winters eve, its beautiful and when I gave it to my sister (also Christine) yesterday for Christmas she was thrilled, it was like the best gift I ever gave her, so it really warmed my heart!!!

Cindy G said...

Happy Blogaverary!

Wow, hard contest question. One favorite, at least in terms of the number of times I have worn it, is the first sweater I ever made for myself (about 18 years ago), just a simple raglan pullover with a single cable running up each sleeve. The sleeves are too long, there are some twisted sts, but is is so soft and lightweight and warm and I love the rasberry color. Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride - I love that yarn.

Anonymous said...

My favorite knit in 2007 was the fair isle sweater I knit for Dulaan:
http://kmkat.typepad.com/photos/2007_fos/lopi_sweater_bike.html
It was my first [successful] fair isle project, I loved the color of blue, and it was a fairly quick knit. What's not to love?

Is this the Araucana you are giving away?
http://www.ravelry.com/people/kmkat/stash/atacama
You may be forcing me to break my No More Yarn In 2007 newyear's resolution, you fiend? I have a little over one skein of that color and would love to have enough to make something for myself.

ikkinlala said...

My favourite knit so far has been, I think, my first pair of socks. They were hideous - a basic sock pattern that looked okay, but made out of bright pink baby acrylic (because that's what the thrift store had) that I think was starting to pill before I finished knitting. I don't wear them, but they're special to me because they're the first project I finished that actually made me feel like a knitter.

Happy blog anniversary!

Sandra said...

Happy Blogaversary!

(I'm finally caught up with archives...)

The Atacama is delicious stuff. I would have trouble narrowing down my fave project - I loved making Tubey - getting the yarn forst, then finding the perfect pattern for it, but really, I love the bead knitting as well. and socks. And, um, lace - can't forget the love of lace!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

My favorite knit item so far has been the Branching Out scarf from Knitty, made with Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Tweed. Loved the yarn, and it was my first attempt at any kind of lace--now I'm addicted. :-)

Heide said...

Hmm. My favorite quick knits are hats. I found a free pattern courtesy of the Needle Beetle which is perfect for using up leftover yarn. http://www.needlebeetle.com/free/seacap.htm

My favorite "medium" knit is socks.

My favorite "long" knit would be cabled sweaters. Currently I'm working on an A Cardigan for Arwen. And by working on I mean that I started it back in October and it's buried in my wardrobe patiently waiting to be picked up.

Happy Bloggiversary.