Friday, January 4, 2008

No Progress to Report

One other aspiration I would like to pursue in 2008 is to post more regularly, and to (finally) post pictures of my WIPs and FOs. Of course, I'd have to actually have those to post pictures of them, right? And right now, I don't. I still haven't decided on what I want to knit now. I've cast on and frogged several yarns and patterns, but none of them have been IT, so I'm still searching.

I go back to work on Monday, and my Master's classes begin the same day. I didn't have access to those until today, so I printed out the syllabi today, and began the reading required. I only have about half the books required, since my order hasn't arrived yet from the college bookstore. (My Amazon order for the other half got here in two days. Yay, Amazon!). This program is supposed to be for working teachers, but the way they assign the reading and the assignments, you'd never know it. I know it's valuable, and I am learning something from it, but keeping up with it all is an extreme challenge. I'm taking 7 units per quarter, 2 classes, because I don't want to spend years doing this, but I may have to reconsider, if the pace doesn't let up a bit.

I'm about this -------- much closer to knitting a sock. I have the yarn (more than one choice, even) and the needles (well, if I don't have to use 1s or 0s, I do), so all I lack is sufficient motivation to cast on. I think I'm just in yet another funk. Nothing seems to be what I want to knit, not just socks. And I think I even feel a bit of pressure, knowing that my free time is about to take a nose dive again, beginning Monday, and not letting up until the end of March (and then only for a week or so, given that conferences and report cards happen right after my Master's classes end.)

A bright spot for me, though, has been my winning two (yes, two!) contests on other blogs. Well, I won one, Sharon's "Name My Dummy" contest, and on the other, I came closest but was over by 1, so Sandra decided to reward me, too! I can't wait to get my goodies, and I promise I'll post pictures of both of them as I get them. Promise! (Even if the light around here sucks, especially right now, given the deluge (rain) we're having).

I'm also considering joining a swap that another Elannite mentioned. I read about it on Grace's blog, and it sounds doable. It also means I would have to blog regularly, since that's a requirement for it. Maybe that's a good idea? I'll have to decide soon, but I'm leaning that way. It would be my first swap, if I get accepted. Any thoughts?

No comments: