Saturday, September 4, 2010

Knitting Content, this time!

Not that I've actually started knitting, of course. But I have bought project books and yarn for several knitted objects, and that counts, doesn't it?
This one is from Cornelia Tuttle. I love cables, so this is a natural for me. And it uses chunky yarn, so that appeals, too. Araucania Nature Wool Chunky. In this color:




Next, I got the yarn for my Twist Red Oak sweater, in this lovely Mallard Peruvian Chunky from Elann.


I also picked up some Ella Rae Classic wool in two colors, for two different projects. First, this one in the color shown, Pearl.


Next, a simple top, in a forest green:



So, that's what I've got planned for the next little while.That's in addition to the two I mentioned earlier, both from VK Early Fall issue. So I should be set for knitting until Christmas, at least.

I'll be starting a knitting class after school for any of my students that want to learn. They'll have to provide their own needles, but I have lots of yarn they can use. I'll get them started on garter stitch projects ~ scarves, phone cases, placemats, wash cloths, any simple small project that gets quick results. They need that in order to feel successful.

(Blogger is being a pain today, and I've had to redo this post twice now, so I'm hoping the third time is the charm!)

1 comment:

Cindy G said...

Love the Tuttle pattern - love the color of your yarn