Tuesday, September 28, 2010

No more "stash"!

What I have is a collection of yarn, just as I have a book collection, a magazine collection, etc.  Sharon and I were discussing this in an email, and her post today (you should go read it!)made me reconsider what to call all the yarn I have accumulated. I think "stash" has a slightly negative connotation, whereas "collection" doesn't. So, from now on, I will talk about my collection, rather than my stash.

In other news, it hit 115 here yesterday. We didn't even let the kids play outdoors. They were offered the use of the cafeteria (air conditioned) or staying outside, but only in the shade. 115 is simply too hot to do anything. And it isn't even really cooling off at night. It was still 93 at 9 pm.  Sleeping has become problematic. Oh well, they're forecasting 90s by the end of the week. Oddly, that sounds cool to me!

1 comment:

Cindy G said...

For a minute there, your title had me worried. I thought maybe the heat got to you...

I can't even imagine trying to teach (or do much of anything, really) in 115 degree heat. I hope the weather breaks soon.