Saturday, September 25, 2010

Where did Fall go?

Knitting weather has disappeared. We had just over a week of very cool (for SoCal) temps, but starting the end of this week, we're back into the 100s. It got up to 104 today, and, without a/c, it was just too hot to even think about knitting. It's supposed to hit 106 on Tuesday. The "big" cool off toward the end of the coming week means it will only be in the mid-90s.

As if I didn't have enough yarn or patterns, I picked up a Maddy Laine pattern and some Store yarn to make it, and it arrived this week, just before the temperature sky-rocketed. I'd planned to make it this weekend ~ it's her Vest Alternative pattern, a quick one with bulky yarn. I haven't even swatched for it.  Don't know when I'll get to it, with the temps this high.

1 comment:

Cindy G said...

Cute pattern! Hope the temps drop for you soon.