Friday, July 13, 2007

Pictures (not good, but pictures nonetheless!)

My apartment is dark, even at midday. Since it helps a tiny bit in keeping the heat down, I don't mind all that much. However, trying to take a picture of yarn or parts of a sweater in this light just sucks.

So, long exposure, which makes it a tad blurry (I can't hold still that long, and I don't know where I've stored my tripod), and only barely adequate color . Oh, well.

Below is a shot of the yarns I am using for my version of Mariel, followed by a peek at the back, just to show the fabric. The yarns are actually deeper wine than the pics show, and the specks of color in the mohair are much brighter and shiny.

Obviously, I need to find a better spot to take pictures, and I probably also need take a short course in close-up photography.

Since I'm going to be taking classes
online this year, I probably won't have the time for a photography course, but I will be looking for a better spot to take pics.


If you don't read The Yarn Harlot, I urge you to do so. There's a story, yesterday, about Tory Bowen, that will make you scream or cry, possibly both. Stephanie provides links to contact your reps about this outrage ~ please, if this misogynistic slap at a rape victim moves you, tell people and contact your reps to ask them to help. I asked both my senators to talk to their Nebraska colleagues about the reprehensible behavior of the judge. I just can't believe this can still happen in America. Or, perhaps, I just don't want to believe it.
(Generally, though, I read Stephanie because she makes me laugh, not cry!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sweater is looking great!!! I'm anxious to see the finished product.

I saw Stephs post and was appauled/

Libby

Cindy G said...

That has me so mind boggled I don't even know where to begin. As Steph points out, if you follow this logic, how could anyone ever be charged with any crime? But of course, the judge isn't treating every case this way, only the rape case. I wonder who the defendant is, and what his connections are?