Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's Only Tuesday!

My book order from Amazon got here just now. Fitted Knits, Harmony's 450 Knitting Stitches, and Cindy G.'s I Can't Believe I'm Knitting Socks. Yay! Reading knitting books and patterns is almost as much fun as knitting. (But then, reading is my other obsession.) I'll have some time today to read Cindy's book, but I won't start on a sock just yet. I ordered some yarn from Webs, including some SWTC Tofutsies, and I plan to use that for my first socks. I just got an email saying it was shipped today, so it should be here by the weekend.

I love the Harmony Guides. I was worried for a while that they were being taken off the market, but it seems they're back, although some of them look a bit different. The 450 Stitches I just got seems to be the same as the older ones I have, though. I like the color photos of the stitches, and I've always found their directions clear and straightforward. I've had their Aran book for years, and it's gotten plenty of use around here.

I got Stephanie Japel's book, Fitted Knits, not so much for the patterns as for her methods of shaping.There isn't any one pattern I absolutely have to make,(although the Perfect Dress is calling to me), but I'm interested in how she uses different stitches to shape garments. That will mean some close reading, so I'll save that til I have some solid uninterrupted time.

I lose track of time when I'm on my summer vacation. There's nothing I have to do (well, besides housecleaning, feeding my cat, etc), no place I have to be, so the days all run together. I can't believe it's only Tuesday, today. Feels like it should be Wed. or Thursday. I have no idea why it feels that way, I just know it does. Thank God my computer keeps track of the days!

No comments: