Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I know I've been a very bad blogger, but life has been so much more hectic this year than ever before. Finally, today, my Master's program class is over, and my work has ended for 2007, so now all I have left to do is wrap presents, buy a couple of presents I still haven't found, and wrap presents. I got my nephew a telescope for Christmas, and I don't know what I was thinking (that maybe it would need assembly?), but it arrived in this huge box, and when I opened it, there was this HUGE package inside. Maybe I should have read the telescope's dimensions, eh? At any rate, I still need to find wrapping paper for it, since none of the rolls of the stuff I have are enough to cover the box. Maybe they don't make wrapping paper big enough for it? Ah, well. The paper won't last long, anyway, so if it's a bit patchwork, who will care?

My sister in law wanted crochet hooks. She has lost the bundle of hooks she had (she has a daughter, 8, who loves to play with them), so I got her a set of eight with ergonomic handles ~ I don't crochet much, but after holding these, I'm going to have to buy myself a set of them! Then I went looking for a case to put them in, something bright that would be hard to lose, and couldn't find anything. Oh, I could find cases, but all of them came filled with cheap crochet hooks, the slots weren't big enough, and they weren't very bright. I finally settled for a needle case in black and fuschia, which is rather bigger than I planned, but that should just make it harder to lose, right? I also found a neat crochet booklet on Ebay, which I snapped up for her. Oh, and the latest Kinsey Milhone mystery (I got her addicted to these). She's an OR nurse, and works two jobs, so her gifts are all about leisure time, which she doesn't have enough of.

I still need to find something for my former teaching partner. She's rather hard to buy for, and I just haven't found anything that says "Betty" yet. But I still have two days, right? Piece of cake! (heh)

I hope this holiday season brings you joy and laughter, love and hope, and all the good things you'd wish for yourself and your loved ones.

1 comment:

Cindy G said...

Merry Christmas! (and BTW, what's your handle on Ravelry?)