Friday, July 5, 2013

New Project

I'm still working on that sweater of my own design, but I cast on today for another, a ribbed shell. It should be a quick knit, just 2 x 2 rib on size 8s. It's a pattern I found on Lion Brand's website, and I'm using Kroy Socks FX in Cadet Colors, doubled. (The color is darker than in this photo) I love the way this looks when it's knit in this rib. I read on Ravelry that people think this yarn is too scratchy, but I've held it up to my skin, knit up, and it's very soft. Maybe because it's doubled, and knit at a much looser gauge than it would be for socks.

Anyway, I've gotten about 3 inches of ribbing done, and I'll do another couple of inches before I quit for the night. I'll be switching off and on between this one and Gulls and Garter sweater. I just needed a break from it today. I'l be binding off the back tomorrow, and then casting on for both front pieces. I may actually have two sweaters done by the end of next week!

No comments: