Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Knitting Right Along

Not much new here. Still plodding along on my sweater, now about 4 inches into the armhole (yay). I'm still looking at patterns, discovering new yarns I'd forgotten I had, and, forgive me, buying yarn on eBay. I know, I know, I said I was stash busting. I am, I am! But I picked up some River
and some Birch,
both Loop-d-Loop yarns by Teva Durham, at a terrific price. And I can use them! I mean, I live in SoCal, which truly almost never reaches wool sweater weather. I fake it, and both knit and wear wool sweaters, but only in, say, January and February.


Oh, and I got 2 skeins of Habu Textiles SX21 linen in natural(more than 700 yards each!) I'll be knitting it double, and I can't wait for it to get here. I don't even know, yet, what I'll make with it, but I'm looking.

I've checking out my local libraries, too, for patterns. My most local doesn't have much in the way of knitting books, though. I'm going to try the next most local library later today, or Friday. I may have to do an interlibrary loan, and pick up knitting books from bigger libraries in the system.

I've also been trying to organize the patterns I like in the way-too-many pattern magazines I have. I'm literally drowning in knitting magazines. I've been going through them and simply tearing out the ones I like. I put them in heavy-duty sheet protectors, and then into a big notebook. Next up is to sort them all out, put in dividers, and make some copies of instructions that were on the back of ones I tore out, but are for a different sweater.

So much to do! Thankfully, I have the time right now. I hope to get several sweaters done before I go back to work in mid-August. Once school starts up again, I don't have that much time to knit. I'm going to work on finding more time, then, however. I find knitting very relaxing, even in complicated patterns or stitches. And I need to be more relaxed!

No comments: