Sunday, March 11, 2007

Oh, no!

There must be some weird karma going around. I spent weeks down because Blogger malfunctioned. I finally get up and running, visit my friend's, Catbookmom, blog, and now she's got Blogger troubles! Her blog disappeared! What is with Blogger lately? I've heard all sorts of complaints in the past couple of months. Is it all because of the change over from the old version to the new? Seems to me the new Blogger blogs should still be okay, but mine was always the new version, and I had trouble, too. Makes life interesting, as in the Chinese curse interesting.

In other news, perhaps my time in the doldrums is beginning to end. At least, I can feel my interest beginning to return. (yay!) I'm sitting here staring at some E. Lavold Angora (just "oats" color, a nice warm beige), and there's a tweedy blue wool that's trying to attract me.

I guess I don't do seasonal knits. I knit wool year round, cotton year round, pretty much anything anytime. Maybe that's the SoCal influence. We don't really have seasons here (well, there's Fire Season, and Mudslide Season, but I don't think those really count), so I don't knit seasonally. (What sort of knit is appropriate to Fire Season?? And all that orangey-red fire color is just not me!) I wonder if I'd knit differently if I lived somewhere with real seasons. Dress differently, for sure, but knit differently? Hmmmm.

Anyway, here's hoping Blogger is more responsive to my friend, and her blog is back and working really soon.

1 comment:

CatBookMom said...

Thanks for the sympathy. I have to 'fess up, though, that I think the disappearance of my poor blog is more due to me than to Blogger. I did hear from them today, a follow-up to their first message on Friday; it's just enough to keep my hope alive that I might get my blog back without having to rebuild the entire thing. Sigh.

Glad to know your knitting interest is coming back. I've been through 2 Nora Roberts novels since last week, trying to stave off blog hunger; I don't blog about Nora Roberts books, just knitting.

Take care!!