Thursday, March 8, 2007

No thanks to Blogger

Well, I would have been blogging along merrily several weeks ago, but Blogger malfunctioned. Letters to them required more than a week before they responded, and the first one I got from them clearly showed they hadn't even read my letter before responding. It just told me to do all the things I'd already done, and told them I'd already done. The next letter needed 9 days before they could respond, and then, again, they told me to do the things I'd already done.

So, I just started messing around with my computer, not doing anything they suggested, and after restarts, deletions, renamings, and various changes to settings they'd said would work but didn't, voila ~ I can now resume blogging.

Of course, I'm not sure that will be true the next time I want to sign on, but I'm crossing my fingers. (Any prayers/good wishes/black magic would be welcome, as well. God knows, Blogger won't help)

On the knitting front, not much is going on right now. I've been consumed with work and with a flare up of my arthritis (both knees, traumatic kind since my 20s), so I haven't been knitting much at all. The scarf I posted about is only about 4 inches longer. I've wound my wonderful ribbon yarn into balls, but haven't cast on yet. I've made a start on seaming a sweater I did in Noro Silk Garden, but I haven't finished that, either. Between problems with my DSL provider, problems with Blogger, problems with my knees, and too much work, I think I'm just feeling the doldrums.

Hopefully, that will end soon. Maybe Spring will revive me (yeah, I know, in SoCal, our winter is very much like everyone else's spring, but still~). Maybe more daylight hours (remember, Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday!) will help. Something will, soon. Maybe just looking at that partially constructed Silk Garden sweater will motivate and inspire me.

So, if I disappear for a long time, again, you can pretty much figure it's Blogger problems again, and not me just gone missing. And, with any luck, next post will have some pictures of at least a Silk Garden sweater (completely put together and wearable!).

No comments: