Friday, April 4, 2014

New Yarns and New Knitting

I got some new yarns from Elann, in their own line of A-series. First up is A-Series F03, Superwash Blue Faced Leicester wool (80%), and nylon (20%) It is indescribably soft. Fingering weight, with 407 yards in 4 oz. Next, A-Series S03, Silk and Linen (65/35%) Not as soft, but just as beautiful. It's got 756 yards to 4 oz. Both of them knit 26-29 sts/4 in. on 2s. And both are in Natural, although the Blue Faced Leicester seems to have a slightly yellow look. Anyway, they're both beautiful yarns, but as yet, I have no idea what to make with them.

I also got 2 skeins of Douceur et Soie, 70/30% baby mohair and silk, about 450 yards in something not-quite-cotton candy pink; 8 skeins Australian Merino in light purple, just over 1220 yards at 22sts/4in. on 4s. Again, no designated design;  8 skeins Plymouth's Royal Llama Silk, 60/40 fine Llama/silk, in natural, knitting at 18sts/4 in. on 8s. 

Oddly, for me, I just ordered 3 crochet patterns on Elann. I do know how to crochet, but I just haven't been interested in doing so for years and years. (I have 3 crocheted afghans from my early years). But these patterns appealed to me. They're from Sans Limites, and one is Flowing Vest
another is a bag, and the last one is a "poncho", but it has sleeves and is open in front, which truly doesn't say "poncho" to me. I'll just have to wait and see if I like crocheting enough to complete these. I'm a bit impressed with the whole Sans Limites line ~ very fashion conscious, and no granny squares!

In new knitting, I've begun work on a SweaterBabe pattern called Bohemian Scarf. It's knit in Blue Sky Alpaca's Alpaca Silk, in a gorgeous deep plum color. I've only knit the first pattern repeat, 12 rows, and now I have only 32 more repeats to go. But it does go rather quickly.

Maybe when I can figure out Blogger's picture problem, I will upload pictures of the yarns and patterns, and maybe even a picture of my progress on the scarf (although it doesn't look like much yet, since it's a kind of lace, and lace never looks good until it's blocked.)


No comments: